A win for punters with TopSport & South Australian Racing announcement
The enactment of a particularly onerous rate of Point of Consumption tax by the South Australian government in 2017 greatly reduced the viability of South Australian racing wagering products, and has inevitably constricted turnover ever since.
Rather than further battering the wagering industry by emulating the severity South Australian Government's ill-conceived taxation regime, Thoroughbred Racing SA has - in an effort to ensure the sustainability of their product for the next decade and beyond - chosen to be innovative and facilitate a more vibrant racing wagering industry.
TopSport will be demonstrating its support for the stated changes to Thoroughbred Racing SA's product fee model by offering a premium range of products, together with an aggressive pricing structure, on South Australian gallops.
TopSport is always looking to improve its product offerings and pricing models where at all possible. In light of the impending changes in South Australia, TopSport makes the following commitments for the remainder of 2019:
- Limits on "Best of the Best Premium" wagers will be increased. Punters will be allowed to win:
- $5,000 on all standard Saturday metropolitan race meetings within South Australia; and
- $10,000 on any South Australian race meeting which features a Group or Listed race on the card.
- Upon the first call of the Official Price for each South Australian thoroughbred race, TopSport will offer all Customers elevated 'Minimum Bet Limits' of:
- $5,000 on Metropolitan races; and
- $2,000 on Provincial & Country races.
- For all Group or Listed thoroughbred races in South Australia, TopSport will offer all Customers elevated 'Minimum Bet Limits' of:
- $5,000 for wagers placed prior to the first call of the South Australian Official Price; and
- $10,000 for wagers placed after the first call of the South Australian Official Price.
- TopSport will honour all 'Minimum Bet Limits' from the moment that our markets are released.
- TopSport will further enhance its already competitive pricing policy by limiting market percentages on Saturday Metropolitan races to:
- An overround of 3% per runner to a maximum of 125% from the opening of betting until 10 minutes prior to the jump; and
- An overround of 2% per runner to a maximum of 115% during the last 10 minutes of betting on the event.
For more information and comments - visit TopSport's full release HERE